Thursday, December 10, 2009

I wash my hands alot a work. they tend to dry and ashy.Can some one please recommend a really good hand cream?

Whatever you use don't use any products with a mineral oil base - Petroleum products, baby oil etc.


This hardens skin and doesn't help it.





Careful too on the soaps - better off washing with warm water longer then using a soap at a strange place.





My husband suffers from cracked dry hands.


Corn Huskers lotion is his favorite. We have tried them all.I wash my hands alot a work. they tend to dry and ashy.Can some one please recommend a really good hand cream?
St Ives with Vitamin E for Extra Dry Skin. Or get something with either Aloe or Cocoa Butter. And it's not greasy.I wash my hands alot a work. they tend to dry and ashy.Can some one please recommend a really good hand cream?
eurcin,burts bees,corn huskers
Hi, I don't remember how to spell it, but its a lotion called Euceryn, its at most drug stores, I get it at Walgreens, but I usually by the Walgreens brand which is 3.99. Its in a white tub with a blue lid. Its one of the better lotions, I have a form of eczema on my hands, and this helps alot.
Olay Quench Therapy Hand Cream speeds relief to severely dry, itchy hands with a unique 2-in-1 rescue system:





1. packed with vitamins (B5, B3, and E), its concentrated formula penetrates deep within skin's surface to start healing instantly.


2. then Olay's advanced system of rich emollients seals in moisture to defend against dry skin coming back.





Btw. Olay was voted best hand cream of 2006 among women ages 18-38.





Good Luck :)
The Body Shop Hemp hand cream is brilliant for dry skin.





My mum is a nurse and so washes her hands a lot at work, after years of trying out other hand creams this was the only one intense enough to clear up her dry, cracked skin.
I have found that Nivea hand cream works the best for me. You can pick it up at Walgreens, and it is inexpensive.
nuetrogena norwegian fisherman formula....best stuff ever for dry hands. my hands are in solvent alot and its the only thing i have found.
No doubt the soap at your work place is antibacterial. Most antibacterial soaps contain triclosan. Triclosan is a derivative of phenol - the first antiseptic on the market which was removed because it was so toxic. This, in part, explains why your hands are so dry. Degerming is the physical process of scrubbing your hands when you wash them. Soap is actually a wetting agent. The important thing is to keep scrubbing for at least a full minute (sing the ABCs x 2) to be effective hand washing. You really don't need antibacterial soap - in fact, you would have to have the soap sit on your hands for 10 minutes to be effective! An alternative is the hand gels that contain alcohol - although I don't know if you are washing your hands to get them clean or decrease the spread of germs). Use the hand gel and about by the 5th time, wash your hands in the sink. As for a good hand cream, Nivea works very well at night (I wear cotton gloves). Vaseline doesn't seem to absorb as well. Any extra-dry formulas work well too, however, how they feel on a person's skin varies. Try the sample bottles at the store, ask your pharmacist what they recommend or ask your co-workers what they use. Good luck!
Key is cream and not lotion. Lotion is diluted and cream is more of a concentrate.





My son can get severe dry skin and the dermatologist recommended Cetaphyll CREAM. It runs about $14-16 for about 16 oz. Not too bad and it lasts him awhile.





It has no additives like perfume etc. to it so it is better! I would take advantage of night time to apply and let hands heal overnight. Doesn't hurt to apply after washing but probaly not as realistic for you at work.





My son is supposed to apply to skin right after showering while pores are open.
Good for you for washing your hands...it's the BEST way to avoid passing cold and flu (and other icky things) from one person to another...


The best hand cream I have found (and me and my husband both have VERY dry skin that is hard to keep soft) is


GOLD BOND lotion....not a glamorous brand, but it WORKS.
Aveno with oatmeal, good stuff.
Burt's Bees has some great hand creams (I love the Banana hand cream, I am not as fond of the smell of the Almond). They also have a great body lotion that you could use each time you wash (Milk %26amp; Honey (smells a little like coconut and the also have some others). When you first try the body lotion, you may think it is too watery, but it absorbs so well that you would be surprised. They also have a cuticle cream that works well. Bottom line, I like their product because they are more natural, so I can take care of my dry skin without bathing in chemicals. Along that line, Chef's Planet has a great natural hand soap with a foaming pump. It is more gentle and the bottle lasts a long time. Good luck.
use lotion after every wash... any kind of lotion will help
STOP WASHING YOUR HANDS SO MUCH YOU BIG GOOF......THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN YOUR OWN NATURAL OILS FROM YOUR SKIN TO MOITURIZE THEM.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin