Thursday, December 10, 2009

A colleague at work smelled my drink and the 2nd was my hand cream ??

could this be an habit for some people ?and is it right to smell someone elses food ....what does it imply when some smell ur food or things constantly and what should i do ...pls advice??A colleague at work smelled my drink and the 2nd was my hand cream ??
Smelling the hand cream is OK, if they ask first. The thought of someone smelling my food or drink is offensive. I would say, ';I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I wish you wouldn't smell my food. It bothers me for some reason, don't ask me why.'; Then just smile and change the subject.A colleague at work smelled my drink and the 2nd was my hand cream ??
Its a bit wierd, if its a close collegue, they are probably just being friendly, or have a genuine curiousity to what it smells like.





But as far as etiquette goes, no its not a very good thing to do, I dont like other people going near my food, this is something I am going to consume.





Next time make a joke, say something like ';Dont do that, youll get your germs all over it!'; in a playful tone, so that they dont get offended.





But after that, if they continue to do it, ask them nicely not to, and that you like your personal space.





Good Luck!!
that is kinda rude...





it could meann they though it wasnt going to be nice or thought it was like off???





but it could also just mean it smelled so good..





but usually you dont smell peoples stuff..


with the handcream, i dont think that is as wierd. it ok to smell things like beauty products and hand creamss.. but as long as your not like... going out of your way to sniff .





THATS WIERD ********








anywayy...





good luck in life


:P
I hate it when someone smells my food , It's ignorant.


I don't want their snot on my food.


I'll say here you want it %26amp; shove the food up their noise.
That is rude of them...I would be really pissed off and tell my supervisor...sounds like some one is trying to get you fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin