Monday, November 30, 2009

Can any one recommend a really intensive hand cream?

my dad is going through chemo therapy at the moment and his hands are really cracked, dry and very sore. The creams the doctors have prescribed haven't worked and I want to try something else.





Thanks for your helpCan any one recommend a really intensive hand cream?
Arbonne has great hand creams!! You need to make sure there is no mineral oil in the lotion!!! I personal love the foot cream for hand cream. I had one of the guys I work with use and with one day it helped!Can any one recommend a really intensive hand cream?
I've been using Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter Hand and Body lotion and it is fantastic. I also have trouble with cracked dry hands and this does help.





To really help, try having him slather it on super thick just before bed and cover his hands with white socks to protect the bedding. Then several times a day, reapply normally. Within a few days he should feel relief.
My mum had the same thing. I tried all the alternative stuff (useless) then I bought some Eumovate cream over the counter. I massaged it into my mother's really dry and sore areas (she was also having chemotherapy) and it worked a treat. She has since died, but I use it for psoriasis and it is very good for that. God bless your dad, and God bless my mother.
take one egg, place in liquidizer with half a pint of milk, vanilla essence, half a pack of lard, 2 tablespoons of goosefat liquidize then place in pan.. be carefull of shells.. bring to boil gently leave in fridge for 24 hours.. this will give the best results.. also good for a hair conditioner.. its an ancient recipe that my great grandmother used to use!
I used unscented Neutrogena, seemed to work for me.
  • erythema
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    dry skin